The Lido OG Manual Coffee Grinder joins our Lido Series of hand coffee grinders and shares the overall design and approximate dimensions, and uses the same Etzinger hardened steel burr set (48mm OD Ring Burr, 32mm Cone Burr)* The Hopper Tube is machined and anodized aluminum with a full Silicone Sleeve cover and can hold up to 50 grams of coffee beans. The Lower Burr Carrier and the Top Plate are threaded onto the hopper tube creating a modular build system. The Ring Burr Module can be removed for cleaning without affecting axle/burr alignment. The Top Adjustment Module can be removed as well, leaving the hopper to be washed in soap and water as desired. Disassembly and Assembly are accomplished without the use of tools.
Coffee Beans are added to the Hopper through a side port which is sealed with a Silicone Cover. This design allows the fitment of our innovative adjustment system at the top of the grinder. This system features a stepped Macro Disk for quick movement through the brewing range, and a stepless Micro Adjustment Disk which allows the fine tuning of the grind for espresso as well as any other coffee brewing methods. The Brass Micro Adjustment disk is secured in place by use of a nylon tipped Locking Pin.
The stepped Macro setting can be changed without affecting the Micro setting. The Macro settings are defined in microns of vertical cone burr movement with an operative range of 2000 microns (2mm). The stepless Micro disk has marked increments in 5 micron resolution for espresso grinding.
The Drive system is all stainless steel, and the axle is supported by dual NTN Japan roller bearings, one in the Top Cap and one above the burr. The Micro Adjustment Disk rides on stainless steel needle bearings which result in a very smooth turning action. The grinding burr is completely open above an uncoated stainless steel grounds catch jar which threads securely onto the grinder.
The Lido OG kit includes a custom zippered case, a cleaning brush, and a neoprene slip cover for the stainless steel handle (and we recommend you always use the neoprene cover on the handle when storing in the case to protect both the handle, and the grinder!).
*This burr is a moderate speed burr that produces a smooth milling action without requiring excessive force or strength to turn or grip even with light roast beans.
Lido OG Features:
- Dual Adjustment System - Stepped Macro, and Stepless Micro with No Tool Micro Lock
- All Metal construction except for Delrin burr carrier & knob (see schematic for specific details)
- NTN Japan Roller Bearing supported Stainless Steel Drive Train
- Simple and Repeatable Burr Alignment System
- Etzinger hardened steel burr set
- 53mm OD anodized aluminum hopper with full soft silicone sleeve cover
- Modular design body assembly allows disassembly without affecting burr alignment
- Stainless Steel Handle with Soft Grip Knob
- Double Wall Stainless Steel Grounds Jar
- No Tools required for adjustment, disassembly or assembly
- Includes Cleaning Brush
- Custom Carrying Case
- Height 27cm (10.5")
- Operative Handle Length 10cm (4")
- Jar diameter 7.5cm (3")
- Weight (without case) 1038 grams (2.3lbs)
To see Manuals, videos, and schematic, click here:
Patents applied for.